The Account Director serves as an agency leader for achieving the client’s strategic business objectives by collaborating with the client and focusing on all facets of strategic growth. Additionally, the Account Director is responsible for the growth and development of his/her direct reports.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as an accountable strategic leader/partner with our clients. This includes all aspects of business management, including overall business growth, account team development, development and maintenance of relationships with key accounts and senior-level clients, and managing expectations with the agency senior management team.
- Manages senior client expectations.
- Participates in agency new business efforts.
- Responsible for quality of results for all clients within the account group.
- Stays ahead of the curve on area of specialty/core competency.
- Establishes relationships across all agency disciplines and agency businesses.
- Financially responsible for all account costs, including advance media billings. Sees that accounts remain profitable and continue to grow.
- Ensures the account group is providing its channel and creative counterparts with proper input and guidance for the development of optimum channel plans.
- Ensures the agency team has clearly defined those major marketing/advertising issues for which research would be either helpful or necessary.
- Mentors, develops, trains, evaluates staff appropriately, settles for only the best.
- Aggressively pursues new ways to contribute to overall agency and client profitability.
- Sets quality standards for the accounts and enforces adherence.
- The Account Director works with internal teams across disciplines to develop, craft and refine strategies to achieve client goals and execution of strategies.
- Establishes appropriate systems within account group to provide the client with agency-generated input on a regular basis.
- Along with other Account team members, the Account Director must be responsible for fostering a culture of growth and development with the account team.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field; graduate degree is a plus
- 10-15 years of full-time experience in marketing and/or advertising, which may include agency or client-side marketing experience.
- Must be team-oriented and possess excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Must be prepared for a fast-paced environment and be comfortable making decisions
- Strong relationship management, organizational and project management skills
- Deep knowledge and experience with multichannel marketing
- Excellent presentation skills and presentation development skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Very comfortable working in an integrated agency environment
- Experience managing and growing employees and teams required
- Ability to concurrently lead and grow multiple clients
- Responsible for the core growth and development of the account team, including goal setting and performance evaluations
- Comfortable working in and leading integrated agency relationships
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal teams and business groups, including Creative, Channel, Project Management and Finance
The qualifications for this job may be modified from time to time without notice.