Channel Buyer – Paid Search and Paid Social
This position entails media buying, implementation and stewardship across various clients. Channels for buying include but are not limited to Paid Search, Paid Social and Online Media (through specific platforms such as YouTube). Experience with conversion tracking and/or tracking implementation is preferred.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates meetings and conversations with platform vendors, such as Google.
- Accesses media databases to research available options for media placement.
- Handles set up, creation and placement by tactic and documents accordingly.
- Executes all media plans within established budgets and purchases the corresponding media space.
- Designs optimum buys in terms of cost efficiency, goal delivery and platform agreements.
- Creates campaign builds for all Paid Search campaigns to present to clients.
- Maintains all media buys and is responsible for the post-buy results of all buys.
- Provides necessary reporting and analysis for all buys placed, as well as presenting these reports to clients on an ongoing basis.
- Processes and approves all platform invoices for distribution to accounting department.
- Monitors budget pacing to ensure agency and client budget compliance.
- Collaborate with accounting team members to resolve media billing issues.
- Facilitates creation of schedule in all platforms as well as providing mechanical specification information to creative team (if applicable).
- Writes ad copy for Paid Search and Paid Social campaigns.
- Uploads creative/copy to all platforms.
- Updates Supervisor, Channel Buying on status of current accounts on an on-going basis.
- Stays current on all media trends and opportunities in the industry.
- Other duties/responsibilities may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
- 1-2 years of Channel Buying experience required (Paid Search experience a must)
- Knowledge and prior use of platforms such as Facebook Ad Manager, Google AdWords and Bing Ads
- Strong organizational and mathematical skills
- Ability to multi-task and deliver work on-time for set deadlines
- Ability to establish good working relationships with media platform reps
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal teams and business groups, including Creative, Account Management, Finance and Project Management
- Ability to communicate effectively within a team environment, with outside media platform reps as well as with current clients
- Must be prepared for a fast-paced environment and be comfortable making decisions
The qualifications for this job may be modified from time to time without notice.