Senior Graphic Designer
The Senior Graphic Designer is held in high esteem at Meers Advertising. That’s because you’re recognized as the guardian, the steward, the warden if you will, of all things brand. You possess mad design skills. When you’re not at the office you spend your time looking at Design Annuals. You understand brand and it shows in every fiber of your being. That brand obsession is more than just a little nerdy but your colleagues and friends are okay with that. Your visual design prowess is evident and inspiring to clients and team members alike.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- You are NOT responsible for doing time sheets!
- Assessing and understanding our clients’ business with cat-like quickness – effectively capturing brand voice and personality in design approach.
- Evaluating and processing assignments to provide strategic recommendations and improvements.
- Identifying and leveraging external partnerships to deliver highly admired and effective work.
- Continually pursuing design excellence by evaluating your work against the zenith of industry standards.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to effectively manage expectations and thought process around design work.
- Leading team discussions and initiatives.
- Presenting to both internal teams and clients and demonstrating a clear vision of how work ladders to strategy.
- Just to be clear, you should understand that time sheets are NOT required!
- Bachelor’s of Fine Arts degree or equivalent in a related field
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in agency environment
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Keynote and Powerpoint experience is a strong plus because there will be frequent presentation design and production
- Proficient in all components of a fully integrated marketing campaign, from Layouts and Infographics to TV, Radio, Print and Social – not to mention Email, Website and Direct Response.
- Branding experience is a plus but not required
- Ability to present clearly and deliver message effectively
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and takes initiative to determine next steps
- Ability to multi-task and deliver work on-time for set deadlines
- Must be prepared for a fast-paced environment and be comfortable making decisions
The qualifications for this job may be modified from time to time without notice.